Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Thai Souvenirs

These are souvenirs I bought from Chatuchak weekend market before I leave Bangkok to my hometown, Indonesia. Some of them are fixed price, but some you have to bargain for cheaper price. 

1. Watch. @ 100 baht, fixed price.

2. Magnet, usually for fridge. @ 10 baht, fixed price. Actually this magnet is not real represent Thai, I mean it's not too originally Thai. But, it's cute right? And of course, it's cheap :D.. Other spices and food ingredients (magnet) available on this shop.

3. Magnet. I bought it from different shop with no 2 magnet. They give the price label, and I think they have fair price. 230 baht for 10 pcs, and I can't get any discount. Other shop charge 100 baht for 3 pcs. Buy more, you'll get cheaper...:)


4. Brooches. I bought this brooches on the same place with magnet no 3. 200 baht for 3 pcs. That's the maximum discount. They sell @ 70 baht.


 5. Tiger balm?? Yes, it is. We can find it in Indonesia, but my friend said that the quality is different. Tiger balm in Indonesia is sticky. I got it @90 baht for 6 pcs. They offered 99 baht, but I bargained it..

6. Small bag, @ 50 baht. They offered @70 baht, but I bought 3 pcs and they allowed me to buy 50 baht each. Maybe I can get cheaper, around 40 baht if I bought 5 or more... Just try..

7. Table cloth, @ 100 baht. Fixed price. But for Thai silk I got it 350 baht from 450 baht. Other shops offered Thai silk more than 800 baht. I tried to bargained 400 baht, they disagree. But finally, I can get cheaper price in the small shop.

8. T-shirt, @ 100 baht for L size and 150 baht for XL. If you interested in white T-shirt, lucky you.. You can get cheaper price, 80 baht each. I can't bargained in this shop. I tired already, so I didn't give my best shot in other shops. But I asked the seller why she gave different price for black and white. The reason is, black material can only used to made 5 pcs t-shirt/ kg, while white is able to produce 7 pcs/ kg.

9. Aladin/ harem trouser with elephant shades. @ 150 baht from 200 baht.


No comments:

Post a Comment